What are cookies?
Cookies are used to improve services for you by:
- enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so that popular services can be made easier and faster to use
- analysing anonymous data to help us understand how people interact with government services so we can make them better
What do cookies look like?
If you click on a cookie you'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the website server that gave you the cookie.
This website uses the following cookies:
- _ga, _gat and _gid for Google Analytics
How to manage your cookies
For information on how to restrict or block cookies on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the way our website works for you.